- All residential students receive one FREE meal at dinner time prepared by HSDB cafeteria staff. Parents are responsible for the cost of breakfast and lunch. Students who qualify for Free and Reduced Price (FRP) Meals will receive free or reduced-cost breakfast and lunch.
- Mealtimes are as follows:
Breakfast – 7:20 am to 8:00 am
Lunch – 11:15 am to 12:15 pm (flexible, depending on school schedule)
Snacks – After school
Dinner – 4:30 pm to 5:00 pm (flexible, depending on dorm schedule)
Weekend (when students stay on campus for special events)
Breakfast – 8:00 am to 9:00 am
Lunch – 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Dinner – 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- Students eat meals according to the cafeteria schedule. Houseparents supervise all meals except during school hours. Take-outs can be saved with advanced notice if the student is not able to eat at the scheduled time.
- Students eating off-campus may do so with parent’s permission and houseparent supervision, but must return by curfew and are responsible to pay for all personal food expenses. Dorm staff will inform cafeteria to cancel a student’s meal.
- Students may store personal food in the dayroom or kitchen. Students are not permitted to eat in their rooms. Students are encouraged not to eat a half-hour before dinner or breakfast to maintain a healthy appetite.
- Students may use the microwave and other kitchen equipment in the dormitory with staff supervision. Students are expected to follow directions and keep the equipment clean and in good working order.